3/05/2012

Quote of the Day

"A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life. "
James Allen 
http://urbangardencasual.com/wp-content/uploads/gardening.jpg

Last month I was the victim of an attack.  I went through a range of emotions and quite frankly was mentally and physically a hot mess.  After I had a doctor ask me if I had Hypertension because my blood pressure was so high I knew it was time for a change.

I realized that I had a choice.  I could either be a victim of my situation- being hurt on my job, having no to little concern being rendered to me, paying medical expenses out of my own pocket, and no longer having a job- or I could be proactive and refuse to let all of the negativity defeat me.

The point of this semi- rambling post is that each person is in charge of his or her own life.  We can choose whether to be bitter, frustrated, or hopeless just like we can choose to be joyous, optimistic, persevering, or victorious.  The outlook that we choose influences the results that we achieve.  Not only have I been able to amaze my doctor with how well I am improving, but I have also been able to exercise, continue to lose weight, and significantly lower my blood pressure to well within the healthy range.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...