1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
1 pound extra lean ground beef
3 cups Prego® Heart Smart Traditional Italian Sauce
6 medium green peppers
4 ounces shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
(Yields 6 servings.)
- Cook the rice without salt or butter according to the package directions.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat. Stir 2 cups of the sauce and the rice in the skillet.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Discard the seeds and white membranes. Place the pepper shells in a 17 x 11-inch roasting pan.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the pepper shells. Pour the remaining sauce over the filled peppers. Cover the dish.
- Bake at 400° F. for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Top with the cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.