11/16/2011

Mid Month Check In and Denise’s Daily Dozen

Right now it’s time for another update.  I got on the scale earlier this morning and the good news is that I haven’t gained any weight.  The bad news is that I have not lost any either.  I’m not discouraged since I know that I haven’t been working as hard as I should.  The only option that I have is to step my game up.

I was browsing through the weight loss and nutrition books at my local library when the title of this book caught my eyes- Denise’s Daily Dozen.  I remember working out to Denise Austin at 6:00 A.M. and 6:30 A.M.  on Lifetime Network when I was in high school.

51ofXvOpa0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg (300×300)

The premise behind this book is very simple.  Denise Austin encourages readers to exercise each day using a routine consisting of a set of 12 moves which take only 12 minutes to do.  If you miss a day of working out all you have to do is add that day’s routine to the next one.  You can either do another day’s routine or a bonus daily dozen workout if you have more time to workout.   Although this program does seem a big gimmicky, I like the fact that the moves are a combination of cardiovascular, toning, and flexibility exercises.

Each day of the week is dedicated to a specific workout:
Monday: Cardio Fat Blast
Tuesday: Lower Body and Ab Workout
Wednesday: Cardio Kickbox Workout
Thursday: Upper Body and Ab Workout
Friday: Body Boot Camp Workout
Saturday: Athletic Kettlebell-Inspired Workout
Sunday: Yoga Stretch Workout


I plan on doing mini updates on my progress with this book as well as a review.

1 comment:

  1. It's sound good but what I like the most is your daily workout routine. Good Idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...