10/01/2011

Weight loss Challenge Update

Sometimes I feel like I always write the same thing- working, trying to eat better/doing okay, blah blah blah.  I try to keep this blog positive which is difficult sometimes when I'm feeling super stressed or in vent mode which tends to happen every now and then...
funny.bmp (310×328)
On a really positive note, I think I'm doing okay with this challenge.  I have been watching what I eat (including the portion size) and burning more calories throughout the day when I am not able to exercise.  Yesterday was my weigh in day and I have lost another 2 pounds for a total weight loss of 12 pounds this month.  It doesn't sound like much but I'm happy as long as I am losing or maintaining and not gaining.

On another note, I'm excited about getting back to my exercise routine especially because I finally have a set (full time) schedule at work.  There is a group of ladies at work who go walking after work and I plan on either tagging along until the weather gets too cold.

One of my favorite exercises I used to do in high school was get up early in the morning and do step aerobics for at least 30 minutes every morning.  Not only was I able to work my way up to an hour each morning, but my legs, thighs, and butt were extremely tight and toned. Thrifting is one of my favorite hobbies and yesterday I found a stepper board (I don't know if that is the right word) for $3. Now I know I could just buy one of those machines from Wal-Mart, but why pay retail when you don't have to especially when I was just looking for one of those old school "no frills" platforms.

Tomorrow I will post my goals for October.

Thanks for reading,

CurlieBelle

6 comments:

  1. Love it! And girl 12 lbs in a month DOES TOO sound like a lot! I actually finally got serious on 9/21. I took my starting pics, recorded my weight and my measurements and have lost 5 lbs already! I juice detoxed one day and that got me jump started, now I'm trackin my cals and exercising and its coming off. Your blog has helped keep me motivated and now I FINALLY GOT SERIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started following you, I definitely understand the weight loss thing can be very stressful. just keep your focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it girlie :)Take it a step at a time.
    www.TinaDivaTv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @EbonyCPrincess Congrats! I definitely understand what you are saying and thank you for the nice comment(: I love reading your blog since it has helped me a lot during my HHJ. I'm trying to stretch for 6 months (until December) so I plan on taking a cue from you and wigging it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @GLO Thank you for following and commenting! I think one of the things that prevents me from stressing out at times is just focusing on things day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TinaDiva Thank you. I always appreciate how positive and encouraging you are.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...