8/01/2011

Fitness Goals for August

1308519026-64.jpg (470×312)

This past month I feel like I became sidetracked.   I don't know what anyone else's fitness plan for the month of August is, but mine includes more accountability and weight loss.

Instead of coming up with a long list of fitness goals that might be impossible for me to achieve, I plan on sticking to the basics- exercise, eat less junk/more healthier foods, and drink water.  These were the simple things that I did early on in my weight loss journey that worked for me.

I plan on starting out this week with 8 glasses of water and gradually increasing the amount of water that I drink during the month.  I also want to take the same approach with my exercise routine.  I'm going to start out with 30 minutes at least 3 times this week and also increase it during the month.

Food wise, I think the biggest thing I need to do is track what I eat.  I hate the extra amount of time that is involved with it but quite honestly websites like Calorie Counter are great tools that I know I should be utilizing instead of "guessing."

Even though I hate the idea of weekly weighs-ins, I feel like looking at the scale might become an even bigger motivator for me. I plan on weighing in later on this morning and doing my weigh-ins every Sunday night when I get off of work (well technically I get off at 12 a.m. on Monday) to get a good measurement of my weight.  My goal this month is to lose at least 5 pounds.

I'll post more specific details later, but so far this is my plan for Week 1:

  • Drink 8 glasses of water each day (no exception....seriously).
  • Exercise 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
  • Write down everything I eat.  Next week I am going to focus on eating within a specific calorie range, but this week I want to see exactly how many calories I have been eating lately.  

I refuse to have any setbacks this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...