7/05/2011

July's "Just Exercise" Fitness Challenge (Via Sparkpeople.com)

exercise.jpg (350×234)

I am a member of a few teams on Sparkpeople and normally I shy away from challenges (well ones that I have doubts about whether or not I would be able to complete, but this is one that the competitive side of me couldn't pass up.

The goal of this one is simple- have the most fitness minutes on the BHM's Get Fit Sparkteam in July.  So far there are only three challengers- ColumbianQueen, Virtopia, and me.  I'm the newbie on the team and off to a late start due to the holiday weekend.

I don't know if its the hot weather or the BBQ, but I have been a bit sluggish lately.  Since there really isn't an estimation of how many minutes I will need for the month, I decided to come up with the strategy of getting at least 200 minutes a week.  I don't plan on weighing myself during the month except for on my starting date (today) and at the end of the month.  

I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to keep up with my fitness minutes on this blog yet, but I do plan on updating on effective and ineffective strategies that I come up with to motivate me to exercise.  I think one of the main reasons why a lot of people struggle to exercise is due to the fact that sometimes it's hard to schedule in the time between family, friends, and working.

Feel free to share any of your exercise tips or plans for this month in the comment section (:


8 comments:

  1. Your new blog layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and what's the link to the challenge? *looks through the Exercise section*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you about my layout! The challenge is on www.Sparkpeople.com. If you are a member on there, you can send ColumbianQueen a PM on BHM and she will send you an invite to the group since its private and see is a group leader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck on the challenge I sent a request for the group have't heard anything back. I am making sure to keep up with my cardio and my arms. Do you do anything special for your arms? I can not believe August is next month lol its crunch time.

    www.tinadivatv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to see if I could send you the invite but there wasn't an option there. If you still don't have one tomorrow I'll send a PM.

    In the past what worked best for me was lifting weights but I do need to come up with something more *new research project lol*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol ok thanks yes they arms must go lol I heard the shake weight is good did you hear anything about it?

    www.tinadivatv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol it's hard for me to take the shake weight seriously because of the commercials but I have read some positive feedback about it.

    I think a good way to tone the arms is to use small weights and do repetitions since it should be toning rather than muscle building.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...