6/02/2011

June 2011 30 Day Fitness Challenge Week 1 Workout Schedule and Day 1 and 2 Recap


So far I have had a great start with this challenge.  I feel umm...sore but in a good way and hopefully my efforts with pay off at the end of the challenge.  Initially I wasn't going to do a workout schedule, but I think it helps me to plan everything ahead of time.  It eliminates the chances of me scrambling to find something to do to at the last minute.  I also like to schedule in my rest days to since they are something to look forward to.  This week I'm trying something new by doing a Yoga or Pilates workout on my rest days.  I've done the Denise Austin  Power Yoga Workout before and it gives the body a GREAT stretch.

Week 1 Workout Schedule
Day 1 (Wednesday) Shaun T Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio (30 minutes)
Day 2 (Thursday) Tae Bo Cardio Workout (44 minutes)
Day 3 (Friday) Rest Day [Denise Austin Power Yoga (20 minutes)]
Day 4 (Saturday) Turbo Jam Punch, Kick, and Jam (50 minutes)
Day 5 (Sunday) Tae Bo Capture the Power Strength Workout (46 minutes)
Day 6 (Monday) Rest Day [Denise Austin Power Pilates (20 minutes)
Day 7 (Tuesday) Mini Stepper (35 minutes)

Day 1 & 2 Recap
It has been forever since I did a Hip Hop Abs workout.  At first I wasn't really into it so I decided to put on some Beyonce (it helps to drown out the Shaun T) and I ended up having a pretty good workout.  My stomach is still a bit sore (not in a bad way though since I can tell it was from working out my core).   I do plan on working out some more to Hip Hop Abs since it is fun compared to a lot of the workouts that I have tried in the past.

Today I did the Tae Bo Cardio Workout.  I will admit it- I like Tae Bo.  It always gives me a great workout and it the intensity is always there.  I hate wasting my time exercising to 30 or 40 video where I don't feel any impact (I judge my workouts by how hard my heart pumps and how much I sweat) even though I know I worked hard.  For the most part, Tae Bo never disappoints me.   I'm not sure if it was because it's been a while since I did this video or what, but it definitely challenged me today.  Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.


Feel free to comment below and share your progress this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...