5/05/2011

Preface of My Weight Loss Journey- Why Do I Want to Lose Weight?

I don't remember how long ago it was, but I know it was the first time in years that I took a real look in the mirror at myself.  I did not recognize by name the person who was staring back at me.  I just knew that she was FAT.

For years, I had lived in self denial before I ultimately had to confront myself and look at the number in bold print on the bathroom scale.  Yes there were signs before this ultimate confrontation but a disability of the mind made me to blind to notice.  As a result, a continuous cycle developed.  I did not feel good about myself and  gave myself permission to allow my fat to rob me of enjoying life. 

Each day of my weight loss journey represents me accomplishing something that I did not do even a month ago. 

For me, it's not about a particular size.  It's not about looking like a particular celebrity.  It's not about having 6 pack abs (well......wait I guess it is somewhat).  My goal is to transform myself (physically and mentally) into the healthiest person that I have been in a long time.....by focusing one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...