5/22/2011

Insanity (and I'm not talking about the Workout Program)

The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.



I have been doing a lot of self reflecting this week- focusing on the things that I have accomplished and the things that I need to work on.  Among the seemingly unrelated maze of what I thought were happenstances- I found several patterns:

1.  No sleep= lack of time or energy to exercise.  Also the later that I get up in the morning, the less time I have for living my healthy lifestyle.

2.  I am able to drink my 8 glasses of water each day when I get a jump start in the morning.

3.  I generally love exercising, but I thrive when I challenge myself and have variety.

4.  I thrive on structure (meal planning and calorie counting) although I'm also able to be more relaxed when it comes to my eating plan (I can eat one cookie without eating the whole bag).


This week I plan on focusing on getting my sanity (and momentum) back by doing the things that I know work for me.  Even though it seems like common sense, the truth is a lot of times I subconsciously work against myself instead of working on behalf of my well being.

(Republished from my SparkPeople blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...