5/20/2011

CurlieBelle's Quick Cheat Sheet: 5 Tips for Calorie Counter Websites




1. Simplify your resources by eliminating excess websites.
A lot of people, including myself, are members of more than one calorie counting or dieting website.  I find that I am more likely to keep track of my calories by concentrating on one website.  Set aside a day to import all of your information into your primary resource and you don't have to worry about losing your progress either.

2.  Input your foods ahead of time.
Unfortunately, not all of the foods that you eat will be listed in the website's database.  Do you find yourself scambling for time trying to look up the nutritional information for each food?   Each week, upload your favorite foods in the websites database ahead of time.  Not only does this eliminate the need to "guesstimate" nutritional equivalents, but it also gives you a more accurate daily measurement.

3.  Keep a written food journal.  
The biggest mistake that I have made is relying on my memory.  There is no rule that states you have to input your meals online before or after you eat.  Keep a written journal of your meals each day and input the information into your food tracker when you get the time.

4.  Focus on accuracy rather than calories.
I will be honest.  Subconsciously a little part of me stings each time I enter something that I know I should not have eaten.  Although online calorie counters are awesome resources, these websites are useless if I do not maintain personal accountability.

5.  Review your progress at the end of the week.
Review your data each week to identify both your success in terms of diet (e.g.staying within your calorie goals each week) and the things that you need to focus on (e.g. reducing the amount of sugar that you eat).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...