4/23/2011

Small Changes= Long Term Weight Loss Success

Sometimes starting a new diet regimen can be intimidating.  It's hard to adopt long term changes overnight. 



Like a lot of other people, I have started many new healthy lifestyle bandwagons only to end up falling off days, weeks, or months later.  I decided to do something simple this time in my quest to become a skinny chick.  I am going to concentrate on improving the quality of my life for the rest of my life.



  • No quick weight loss schemes. 

  • No gimmick diets, e.g. The Cottage Cheese Diet (yuck!).

  • And above all, no obsessing on the scale.

I start out each day with three basic goals.  The main one is to exercise.  Although my main goal this week has been doing cardio for an hour each day, I am satisfied as long as I work out for at least thirty minutes while working as hard as I can. The harder that I work means the more calories that I burn.

My second goal is to drink as much water as I can.  Sometimes this does not equal exactly eight glasses.  Instead of beating myself up, I try to focus on the fact that the more water that I drink equals the less amount of calories from soda and juice that I have to burn.

My third goal is to make good food choices.  For example, I eat sandwiches made of whole wheat bread instead of white bread and I might eat a piece of fruit for a snack instead of having a bowl of ice cream.  I find that it is more positive (or beneficial) for me to focus on eating healthy alternatives instead of starving myself.   

So far, focusing on making small (and permanent) lifestyle changes has been working for me.


What do you think?  Do you have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...